as adopted by the Indian Art Circle board, 2001.
Indian Art Circle assures complete authenticity of each work of art ordered from our galleries.
- The contemporary paintings, sculptures, etchings, drawings etc. are singular expressions of their creators and can &/or will be sold only once, except where categorically mentioned, as in etchings, bronze casting, lithographs etc. A certificate of authenticity will be issued, wherever requested by the customer, with all works sold.
- Expert care is taken to faithfully reproduce the colours and tones in the images shown on the website, yet there may be some differences in the same, and works will not be returned on the basis of these variations.
- Any art-work sold from Indian Art Circle, and found to be unauthentic, can be returned to us within one year of the purchase, provided:
i) The work is returned by the original buyer.
ii) The work is found to not have been tampered with.
iii) It is established that there were procedures/ practices in place, at the time of the sale, which would have annulled the authenticity of the work in question.
- The traditional paintings and handicraft items are authenticated by the following criteria. Authenticity of the traditional art or craft items, will be limited to ensuring these two aspects:
a) True Type: The style of painting/ handicraft will be authentic (e.g. only genuine Madhubani paintings or blue pottery or gemstones etc. will be delivered to the buyer)
b) The design, theme and colour scheme etc. on display: Close resemblance will be maintained to the designs and themes displayed in our galleries. However, differences in hand-work, minor variations in designs, elements, brush work, color tone etc. may be present. This is because many similar, but non-identical, pieces are hand-made for each theme/ design etc.
- Disputes, if any, will be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi / Uttar Pradesh High Court.